Monday, October 1, 2012

Nine Miles!

Went out for a run today and ran farther than I ever have! Nine miles!! There was a time in my life when I hated to run and running just one mile was a horribly uncomfortable experience. While my run today wasn't entirely without discomfort (I have a nice blister the size of a nickel on the bottom of my foot!) it was nowhere near horrible, it was even dare I say, very enjoyable! I am proud of how far I have come and excited about how far I have to go! Running has changed me into a completely different person and I think that is part of what makes it so amazing. I can't imagine my life without running and sometimes just thinking about not being able to run is enough motivation to get me out the door. Anyway that is pretty much all I have to say today...new personal record (and new goal set!).
 My advice to everyone is get out there and run. Don't quit because everything hurts (and if you are new to running everything will!). Give it two to three weeks and it will start to feel comfortable and that is when you just might surprise yourself and realize you are a runner and you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment